Respecting and protecting the privacy of our online visitors (“you,” “your,” “yours”) is important to CULT OF O. and our affiliates (“The Company,” “we,” “us”). We hope the following policy will help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard your information.
This policy is prepared with reference to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486), Laws of the Hong Kong SAR (“HKSAR”) (the “Ordinance”). It specifically addresses our obligations in respect of data privacy laws of the HKSAR, which is one of the most developed data protection regimes worldwide. Throughout this policy statement, the meaning of the term "personal data" is the same as defined in the Ordinance unless otherwise specified.
The Company collects personal information to ensure we can fulfil our service promises and offer you a personal experience online. Different levels of personal information may be gathered depending on your usage of www.cultofoswim.com (“the website”, “the site”):
• If you are notregistered user, you are browsing the website anonymously as aGuest. We will not collect any personal information from you but you may not be able to use all services and features that we offer to registered users.
• You need to input your personal information to register in order for us to process some features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates or requesting information from customer service. We may store some of the data provided for these features and services for such purpose.
• We shall collect and store your personal information when you register an account, to offer you a personal experience on the site and make the purchase process easier and quicker.
• You can place an order with us as a Guest or using your registered account. In both cases, we will only collect information necessary to the fulfilment of that order including potential fraud checks. This includes your full name, address, phone contact and email address.
We may use your personal details for the following purposes:
• Fulfilling your orders including stock processing, payment clearance and shipping.
• Responding to your enquiries.
•Sending you email or printed communications about new products, events or promotions happening. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on the bottom of every electronic communicationor contacting our customer service.
• Processing features such as sharing a product with a friend, registering an account, maintaining your shopping bag.
• Analysing trends and shopping behaviour as well as conducting customer surveys to continuously improve our offerings and services.
A "cookie" is a small data file that our site transfers to your computer. We deliver these cookies and collect data on our sites, and we also may use a third party agent to deliver cookies and collect data. You can change the options of your browser to be notified of new cookies being set, delete old cookies or disable them altogether. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on the site when cookies are disabled.
We may use your personal information to meet our customer services commitments such as shipping your order or preventing frauds. Access to such information is protected by physical, electronic and managerial measures and we therefore limit the access to your information to our employees and agents who need it to do their jobs.
We do not store any payment details. All of our online payment methods, such as PayPal, are operated on third party platforms via their own secured portal.
We will never ask you for your personal password either in writing or on the phone. Please take reasonable care in protecting the access to your password and computer from any unauthorised use.
Your personal information held by the Company will be kept confidential but we may disclose information to the following parties, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected:
• Any subsidiaries, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company provided that all your sensitive data will not be provided by us to any of such companies unless your consent is obtained;
• Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the Company, or jointly with the Company, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided by you;
• Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information;
• Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested.
Your personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons pursuant to any statutory or contractual obligations or as required by court of law, provided such person or persons shall be able to prove the required right/authority to access such information. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed under any of the circumstances described in Part VIII of the Ordinance as exemption from the provisions of the Ordinance.
You may wish to verify (“right of access”) or update (“right of correction”) any personal information that you have submitted to us.
You can do so by logging in to www.cultofoswim.com using the SIGN IN menu. You will be asked to fill in your email address and password.
You will then be able to view and/or update your personal information using the different sections of the MY ACCOUNT page including your name and email, shipping and billing addresses, and email preferences.
Alternatively, you may prefer to contact our customer service for help, support or enquiries on how you can exercise these rights.